Thursday, January 10, 2008

"If Everything Seems Under Control, You're Just Not Going Fast Enough."

Duluth, Minnesota. Revolution Tour Stop #1. My first race in two years.

Here's a drawing of the boardercross course we saw taped to the table at registration. I took a picture because I though it was funny. They never have diagrams for us. Triple, table top, kicker/drop-off thing, bank turn, feature, feature, step up . . . I memorize the course in my head. Pretty fun, although a slow course. Yup, Minnesota.


Here's a short video of a practice run at the top of the course with friends. I'm in the black helmet, brown jacket in the middle. I looked good, I felt good, but I didn't place well in the time trials. I can't stand time trials. I just don't feel like I'm really racing and I tend to relax a bit instead of turning the heat on. It takes some getting used to.

So I think I have to scare myself a bit more, hit everything high speed, and remember that "If Everything Seems Under Control, You're Just Not Going Fast Enough." Auh yeah, Mario Andretti.

It was fun, I felt strong. I'm looking forward to shaving the seconds off my time that I need, and hopefully getting to knock a few people down in a race. All's well for getting a course back under my feet after my hiatus.

3 comments:

jason evans said...

nice start out da gate...

jason evans said...

nice start out da gate...

The Enforcer said...

congrats on making it through your first race in two years in one piece! You do look good. Well done, dear! =)