Thursday, December 20, 2007

San Francisco - brings to mind Sly and The Family Stone:

I want to Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin.


Yeah. Thanks for letting me be freakish, loud, uncontained, expressive. Coool. Dig and be dug. And loved. Good people here.

I haven't been really sad or nostalgic to leave SF again, except for today, my last day at Mission Cliffs Gym. I'll miss watching the sinewy-zero-fat-chalked-up-hippie-nerds swing from the ropes of the climbing walls in the gym while I pump the hard weights in the tiny tiny weight room to the side. I'll miss ripping farts on Flo as he does his sets on the machines, harrassing Arthur, the spinning guy over his choice in music over and over, getting in trouble with my roommate in yoga class (for godsakes), and basically watching my leg go from strong to really strong. I spent so much time there this past year. Today, by myself, I thought, "Cool, finally ready."

It seemed to take forever.

I'll b heading over the bridge tomorrow for Tahoe. Seeya homeless camped on my doorstep every day and land of too many DJs. Stayed just so long and long enough.


No comments: