Friday, January 30, 2009

16 Rollers Make My Legs Go Poof!

My Horoscope: Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 23): You raise your self-esteem with a pep talk and suddenly realize that life has put you right next to the people you are supposed to meet.

I wonder who I'm supposed to meet. We're all wearing full face helmets and padded gear up there, I can't tell who anyone is. It's not like surfing where you can see everyone's face and their tan line too. Mmmm . . . tan lines.

Practice was delightful. Hmm, first time in my life I might have said that, regarding any practice for any sport. I texted my old boyfriend to tell him I was back in the VIP tent making dozens of sandwiches and stuffing my pockets, like we did in the Athlete's Tent at the X Games. Ahh, to be so poor and so athletic. Ah well.

Back on course early tomorrow morning. One more day of practice, visualization, and well, high speeds baby.

1 comment:

The Enforcer said...

Mmmmm tan lines, indeed! =)