Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Two 1/2 Days Left of Work, 104 Days of Snowboarding to Go

Alrighty, last time I posted was August, at the Summer X Games. Have I really been that busy?

My legs will attest to that actually, and my core. I'm strong as hell, and sick of working out, jumping with weights, riding a damn stationary bike. Time to ride the mountain.

I'm in the office, the same one I've been in for over a year now while rehabbing my knee, and my brain for that matter, staring at the same computer screen. What a strange existance. Two more days, or rather, 22 more hours total left here. Just enough time to erase all my criminal emails and raunchy pictures from the hard drive. It's raining outside, meaning it's snowing somewhere I belong, meaning, yes, I'm finally ready to go.

I'd meant to write about all the training, but with 9 hours of work everyday and two hours of excersize, 1 hour to walk my dog and step through the door, that left me about 20 minutes a day to shower, and 7 minutes to eat. I just didn't have time. Plus I had to party here and there, but mostly everywhere. It was either continue to blog, or shower. My friends apprecitate the latter.

Who cares about my training regimen anyway? If you want to know how I got my thighs so thick, just ask me. Nothing to it.

Someone just called on my line, wants a price for a ladder and a super skull saver.
Some of my favorite names of firefighting tools: the Hooligan tool, Dual Deadman Valve, Shake and Bake (forestry shelter), Blitzfire Monitor, Jumbo Ball (valve), the Quic-Mount (tool holder), Discharge and Reaction, and my favorite, Dragonhide shell material. I didn't touch on Jaws of Life or SCBA equipment, but I could go on and on. This job has been funny, and I'll miss it in a subtle and unemotional way.

My favorite interaction from my outside sales partner,
"Ziemba, where the hell is the Chief's brush coat? He ordered it 5 months ago."
"Jimmy, I've got no record of this order, he didn't place it."
"Okay Ziemba, this is what I need you to do: Go into the ladies room, go into the stall, pull down your pants, and pull it outta your ass."

Funny enough, I was listening very intently, and did end up pulling it outta my ass.

No comments: